If you have made a career as a scientist and are looking for the best possible basis to realize your dreams and ambitions, you have come to the right place. DTU Electro is breaking new ground at the absolute edge of what is possible with IC design.
MUST JOIN SCHOLARSHIPS GROUP FOR MORE DETAIL
Ph.D. SCHOLARSHIP AND JOB DENMARK
Responsibilities and qualifications:
The main purpose of this project is to research and develop optimal switched capacitor power converters capable of both load balancing and some unique signal processing characteristics. This project includes circuit modeling and integrated circuit design, tape release, and the construction and testing of integrated circuit prototypes in renewable energy applications in collaboration with our industrial partners.
Any candidate who:
- Has a good grasp of analysis and synthesis of all kinds of switched capacitor power converter topologies.
- Has experience in analog IC design, specifically in high-voltage design.
- Has experience working on IC tape-outs.
- Has solid experience in using Cadence Virtuoso (or equivalent EDA) tools.
- Has experience in using PCB layout software.
- Has experience with behavioral modeling of electronics systems.
- Is familiar with simulation and scripting tools (LTspice, Matlab, Python, etc.).
- Has good signal processing skills.
- Has good experience in making laboratory prototypes, debugging, and testing integrated circuits and electronic circuits.
- Is open-minded and teamwork-oriented to strive for common ambitious goals.Can communicate in English at a good level.
- Will be considered as a candidate with a favorable background. A candidate with high self-motivation, enthusiasm, and eagerness to push the boundaries for state-of-the-art would be preferred.
- You must have a two-year master’s degree (120 ECTS points) or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to a two-year master’s degree.
Approval and Enrolment:
The scholarship for the Ph.D. degree is subject to academic approval, and the candidate will be enrolled in one of the general degree programs at DTU. For information about our enrolment requirements and the general planning of the Ph.D. study program, please see DTU’s rules for Ph.D. education.
The assessment of the applicants will be made by Professor Michael A. E. Andersen.
DTU is a leading technical university is known worldwide for excellence in research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. We offer a varied and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for scientific excellence in an environment characterized by academic respect and academic freedom with responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms:
This appointment is based on a collective agreement with the Federation of Professional Societies of Denmark. The scholarship is agreed with the relevant trade union. The working period is 3 years. Start date as soon as possible. The position is a full-time job.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here.
You will work in our modern, newly renovated location with state-of-the-art electronic research labs and student facilities.
ALSO, APPLY FOR FULLY FUNDED SCHOLARSHIPS
- HURFORD YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM 2023 IN THE USA
- NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENTS SCHOLARSHIP (STUDY IN MANAAKI)
- Fulbright Scholarship 2023 | Application Process
- MBBS Scholarships for International Students 2023
- Fully Funded Ph.D. and Postdoc at the University of Alberta
- Stanford University Scholarship Program 2023
- Scholarships in Australia 2022 FULLY FUNDED
- Thailand Government Scholarship 2022
- Tesla Internship Program 2022 Fully Funded
- GIFT Internship In South Korea 2022
- Harvard University FREE ONLINE COURSES 2022 APPLY ONLINE
- DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2022-2023 ONLINE APPLY
- METI Japanese Internship Program 2023 in Japan Fully Funded
- Fully Funded Scholarships in Netherlands 2022
- UNICEF Internship 2023 | Fully Funded With Certificate
- MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded) Application Process
- Milton Fisher Scholarship 2022 IN US
Further information may be obtained from Professor Michael A. E. Andersen, tel.: +45 4059 5299 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark. Furthermore, you have the option of joining our monthly free seminar “Ph.D. relocation to Denmark and startup “Zoom” seminar” for all questions regarding the practical matters of moving to Denmark and working as a Ph.D. at DTU.
The complete online application must be submitted no later than June 24, 2022 (Danish time). Applications must be submitted as a single PDF file containing all materials to be considered. To apply, open the “Apply Online” link, fill out the online application form and attach all your documents in English in one PDF file. The file must contain:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma (in English) including an official description of the grading scale
- List of publications and patents
- Documentation of personal electronics laboratory experience
- Your ORCID ID number
You may apply prior to obtaining your master’s degree but cannot begin before having received it.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion, or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Apply for this job
Apply no later than 24 June 2022
Apply for the job at DTU Electro by completing the following form.