If you are looking to study in Japan on a scholarship, please read this article. Because this article will explain what the MEXT 2023 scholarship is, its benefits, and the step-by-step application process.
The MEXT Scholarships 2022-2023 are full scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for undergraduate, master’s, doctoral, and training courses. The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology scholarship covers tuition, accommodation, monthly living expenses, and round-trip air travel from the home country to Japan.
MUST JOIN SCHOLARSHIPS GROUP FOR MORE DETAIL
MEXT Scholarship 2023
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / Ph.D.) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
Normally the Application cycle for the MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship is announced in April. Knowledge of the Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for this scholarship. MEXT Scholarship 2023
This is the Next embassy recommended scholarship. You will apply through the Japanese embassy in your country. (Links to all embassies are below). MEXT Scholarship 2023
MEXT Scholarship Detail:
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, Ph.D.: 3-4 Years
- MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to check deadlines)
MEXT Scholarship Coverage
MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2022 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination and Tuition fees at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Please also check Milton Fisher Scholarship 2022 IN USA and get Free costs of living, Free tuition fee, Free visa, Free roundtrip travel tickets, and Free Health insurance
Eligibility Criteria for MEXT Scholarship 2023:
To qualify for MEXT Scholarship, the candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates).
- For Masters / Ph.D. Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least 5 years of experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary, or teacher training university in your home country.
- For Japanese study students: Applicants must be between 18 and 30 years old. Applicants must enroll in a non-Japanese university as soon as they arrive in Japan as a graduate or undergraduate student majoring in the Japanese language or culture, and upon return must attend an institution in their home country.
How to Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2023?
To apply for the MEXT Scholarship, please follow the application instructions.
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of the Japanese Embassy in your country. You can find scholarships from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology in the Education / Scholarship tab.
- Download and fill out the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology Scholarship Application Form.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that, an interview will take place.
- Successful applicants will be notified by email or embassy website.